While activity in the I’On Real Estate market still remains sluggish (in terms of homes going under contract), there were two homes that closed last week in I’On, bringing the total number of homes closed this year to 4. Below is some information on these two properties:
20 Edenton Road:
- 4BR, 4 1/2 Baths
- 4,000 Sq ft
- 2 Car Garage
- Last Asking Price – $1,295,000
- Sold Price – $1,100,000
- Sold Price/Square foot – $275
- Days on Market – 455
This is a new home on an interior lot that was originally listed for $1,495,000 in November of 2007
90 North Shelmore Blvd:
- 4BR, 3 1/2 Baths
- 2,773 Sq ft
- Last Asking Price – $729,000
- Sold Price – $690,000
- Sold Price/Square foot – $249
- Days on Market – 182
This is a 6 year old home on an interior lot that was originally listed for $792,000 in August of 2008.
Seller Tips to For Achieving Success in This Market:
As we head into the spring season, we should see a pick up in contracts written on I’On homes. This is based on the fact that most of the real estate activity during the past several years have ocurred during the March through June period. While the market should pick up, I’On sellers will still be dealing with buyers that are hyper value sensitive. If you want to sell your I’On home during this “busy” season, below are some tips that can help:
- Price your home ahead of the market and your competition – this is critical! More on this concept in a future article.
- Stand out from your competition – stage the home if necessary. Have your home in “tip top” shape!
- Be prepared for ALL types of offers asking for various seller concessions, including price
- Be open to creative terms, including financing, to “seal the deal”
- Understand that many buyers are reluctant and nervous – be prepared for buyer remorse
- Get to the closing table – this requires a “tight” sales contract and attention to details!
There is no doubt that selling a home in this market is challenging. But, with the right focus and energy on the process, you can have a successful result. Please feel free to call me or email me if I can help in any way.
Also, please stay tuned to this blog for more I’On real estate updates as well as future articles with tips on buying and selling in this challenging market. In addition, you can always see details on all I’On homes for sale 24 hours a day.
Have a great week!