Everything about the Charleston real estate market continues to improve! If you look at the numbers we’ve compiled below, you’ll see that prices are up, the number of sale has increased and the time it takes to sell is down. Like we’ve pointed out before, this is great news for sellers in our area. But, don’t fret buyers! There are still great and affordable areas in Charleston that you can call home. There are over 5000 active listings in the area and over 400 came onto the market in the past week. One of those homes might be the right one for you!
Past 6 months of 2015
As compared to same period of 2014
- Average Days on Market: 64, down 23%
- Months Supply: 4.9, down 18%
- Average Sales Price: $308,615, up 3.6%
- Sales price to List Price: 97.6%, up .06%
- Average Price per Square Foot: $120, up 4.3%
- Single Family Homes Sold: 8789, up 20.6%
- New Construction Sold: 1707, up 19.5%
Count on The Avera Group for Expert Real Estate Advice!
Has the market increased enough for you to consider selling your home? Curious about a neighborhood you might want to move to? These numbers can vary from town to town or even by the neighborhood. We would be happy to provide you with the statistics specific to the area you live in or a neighborhood that piques your interest! Email Paige today with any questions!